Mind Body Medicine
I love
to paint but what makes me want to paint and what allows me to paint is the joy
that results when I am taking care of my mind and spirit. I am very passionate
about mind body medicine. I feel like the dis-ease we experience is directly
related to our thoughts and beliefs, sometimes conscious, sometimes
subconscious.
I have been
devouring books on mind body medicine, in order to get a better understanding
of the possibilities of mind body medicine and how it can improve life. Here
are a few books I have read so far:
Quantum Healing by Deepak Chopra,
Relaxation
Revolution by Herbert Benson
I also just
watched the documentary "I AM" by Tom Shadyac
It explores what is
troubling about the world and what we can do make it better. I tend to get
overwhelmed when I look 'out there' at what is disturbing and seemingly
insurmountable. What is encouraging is the idea that what is 'out there'
is actually a reflection of what is inside of the individual. We are all
connected and it is becoming more and more accepted in the scientific world
that everything is connected at the quantum level therefore what we think and
what we believe is being reflected in the reality we experience. It is all at
once terrifying and hopeful. I feel like if I can take care of the thoughts and
beliefs that run through my brain and differentiate which ones create growth,
healing, compassion and love for myself and others and which ones create
destruction, stagnancy and hate for myself and others, then I am growing in
awareness. I am aware of the thoughts that heal and then I can choose to think
them. Another very important practise I have adopted is I have no judgement of
myself. This does not mean I am not aware of myself I just don't judge myself,
ever. I go around with a mantra of "I approve of myself." I would
suggest doing this for a month straight. It may feel strange but I could not
believe how many times I disapproved of myself and how that created a chain
reaction of negative thinking and actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment