Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Published in Art Takes Times Square Book

I am so excited to have a copy of the coffee table book, Art Takes Times Square! I have to admit I was starting to feel like the whole thing might have been a waste of time. There were 12 people in New York working on this project. It all started with me submitting to the competition. I submitted several images of my paintings. I did not win any prizes. There were 4 categories, Grand Prize Winner(Vicki DaSilva), Tumblr Pick (Phillip Stearns), Cut and Paste Pick (Lorella Paleni) and Early Entry Award (Rosella Vanon). The cool thing was, anyone who entered had their image put on a screen in Times Square, New York. All I know is that my image did flash up there for a short time but the group did a poor job of having their live feed of the event working properly so I did not see it. So I thought that was that, fun but does not do a lot for my art career. Then I received this email:

Dear Leya,

We have exciting news. After reviewing the work you submitted into the Art Takes Times Square competition, our Editorial Committee has chosen one of your pieces to be featured in our upcoming publication, Art Takes Times Square.

Out of the tens of thousands of artists who entered the Art Takes Times Square contest, only a select few will appear in this publication. You can take pride in knowing that your work was among the best we saw, and we believe this special coffee-table book will be even better with your art included.
  



I was pretty excited so I gave my permission for them to publish my image in the book. I received this email last summer and have just received my copy! In a letter they sent with the book they apologised for taking so long to get the book out but I guess the process was a lot more ambitious than they thought. There is 320 pages in the book with work from about 900 artists!


 Thank you to the twelve people who took on this project, congratulations on a beautiful book.








2 comments:

  1. Having been to Times Square a few times, there are hundreds of people passing through looking at all the billboards. Its breathtaking and very exciting to be there. I'm positive your art was seen and admired by many. I am very proud of you for all you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jarod, very nice of you to say. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete